Beginners Guide to the Cabbage Soup Diet
When you looking for a convenient start to any diet plan, following the cabbage soup diet is a good way to jumpstart any attempt to lose weight. This article explains how to follow the cabbage soup diet.
It is said that a dieter could potentially lose between 10-20 pounds while sticking to the cabbage soup diet. Many favor this diet because you will prepare a soup that can be eaten at any time of day or night.
The cabbage soup diet doesn’t offer many calories, but allows people to lose weight because they tend not to overeat.
The soup acts as a filler, making sure that the dieter does not experience hunger or the feeling of starvation.
Due to the low amount of calories that the body is consuming, a dieter following the cabbage soup diet may experience a few side effects. This could range from a feeling of being weak to lightheadedness.
One week only
Some of the advantages of the cabbage soup diet are that an individual can lose weight at a fast rate. Dieters should know that the cabbage soup diet should only be followed for a week - it is not meant to be adapted as a continuous lifestyle choice.
If someone attempts to stick with this type of diet for more than a week, they will experience a change with their overall health and body. For example, on one of the days of the cabbage soup diet, only bananas and skim milk are allowed. This means that an intake of about 1,000-1,200 calories will be received.
It cannot be stressed enough how this is not a healthy way to eat for longer than a week.
Here is a recipe for the cabbage soup diet:
Cabbage soup diet recipe
When following the cabbage soup diet, you should be aware of some of the details.
It is also important to remember that the cabbage soup diet will only work if it is followed exactly how it is stated, meaning “No Straying!”
· Day One allows you to eat all of the fruit you want, except for bananas. You can eat only the cabbage soup and the fruit for the first day. You can also drink unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.
· Day Two you can eat all of the fresh, raw or cooked vegetables that you want. Keep in mind that leafy green vegetables are the best and that you should avoid dry beans, peas and corn. Fruit is not allowed on this day.
· Day Three of the cabbage soup diet, you can eat all the soup you want, as well as fruits and vegetables.
· Day Four you should eat as many as eight bananas on this day, as well as drink as many glasses of skim milk. You should also keep eating the cabbage soup. This day is meant to suppress your desire for sweets.
· Day Five you will be eating 10-20 ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomatoes. You should also drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water in order to wash out the uric acid within your body. You should have at least one bowl of cabbage soup on this day. If you don’t like beef, it is ok for you to exchange it for skinless, baked chicken.
· Day Six incorporates beef and vegetables. You can eat all of the beef and vegetables you can, as well as at least one bowl of the cabbage soup.
· Day Seven you will eat as much brown rice, vegetables and unsweetened fruit juices as possible, as well as at least one bowl of the cabbage soup.
Cabbage Soup Diet Books
If you would like to learn more about the cabbage soup diet and cabbage diet forub soup, you may want to look into such publications as The Ultimate Cabbage Soup Diet by Madeline Cooper and The New Cabbage Soup Diet by Margaret Danbrot.